Brand: General Finishes
- General Finishes NEW water based white primer
- can be used to protect pigmented finishes from stain, dye and wood tannin bleed-through
- Use over an existing finish, raw wood, or MDF as a base coat for GF Milk Paints, Chalk Style Paints, & Pigmented Polys
- WARNING: DO NOT MIX with any paint, stain or topcoat. Contamination from other finishes will cause product failure. Rinse all brushes/equipment with clean water.
- Do not use General Finishes Brush & Gun Cleaner.
Publisher: General Finishes
Details: General Finishes Stain Blocker is designed for effectiveness, not price point. A successful primer requires a sophisticated resin system and an atypical formulation, which will result in a more expensive product. To maximize GFSB's effectiveness, our chemists formulated this product with the highest quality ingredients. Use ONLY for those pieces where you will really care if there is bleed through. GFSB will work every time, not some of the time. SURFACE PREPARATION: Existing Finishes (stain, lacquer, paint): Clean and remove grime, grease or loose paint. Wash down extremely dirty surfaces with a mix of 50/50 denatured alcohol and water or a sulfate-free commercial cleaner. Remove any heavy buildup with a synthetic wool pad. Allow surface to dry completely. Prep sand the surface with 220 grit sand paper and remove dust. Raw Wood: Sand with wood grain. Prep sand with 120 then 220 grit paper. Remove dust. APPLICATION: Stir thoroughly. It is essential to apply 2 coats. The first coat will absorb contaminents in the wood, causing a color change during the first application, and the second will seal them. Brush or Roller: Apply a uniform coat with a high quality synthetic blend brush or short nap roller. Spray: Product is ready to spray from container and does not require thinning. Strain material through fine mesh filter. Spray medium to wet film 3-5 mil thick. Heavier coats will take longer to dry & cure. Spray with compressed air, HVLP, or Air Assisted Airless. Fluid tip sizes: Compressed Air- .040, HVLP -.043-.061 (1.1mm-1.5mm), AAA -.009-.013. Use medium size air caps.
Package Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches