Brand: Aqua Coat
- Water-Based, Low-Odor, Low-VOC, Eco-friendly Product
- Hard finish
- Easy Application & Water Clean Up
- Dries Crystal Clear in 30-45 Minutes
- Easy Sanding, Minimal Shrinkage
Publisher: Aqua Coat
Details: Large, open wood pores are difficult to fill with ordinary finish. Aqua Coat Clear Grain Filler leaves your project's surface smooth as glass and saves money by shortening finishing time. Aqua Coat Clear Grain Filler is a water-based, easy-to-apply gel designed for filling and leveling the pores of "open-grain" wood structures such as oak, mahogany, and ash. It reduces the number of sealers and top coats required to obtain a glass-like, transparent, high-build finish.
Package Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.6 x 4.1 inches
Clear Wood Grain Filler Directions For Use
Surface Preparation: Surface must be clean and dry (free from all dirt, oil, wax and polish) before using the Aqua Coat Clear Wood Grain Filler. Sand surface thoroughly. Remove all dust with a vacuum, forced air or damp cloth (water).
Aqua Coat Clear Wood Grain Filler should be applied after the piece is stained, and/or a seal coat has been applied.
- Stain and seal coat must be dry and lightly sanded with 220-grit or finer sandpaper.
- Grain Filler can be tinted with water-soluble colorants or dyes.
- If no stain or seal coat is used, you may apply Clear Grain Filler to the raw wood.
- Grain Filler may be applied with a soft cloth, using a circular motion, much like applying a paste wax. Or work Grain Filler generously into open wood grain pores with a small squeegee or flexible putty knife.
- Inspect to see if the grain is completely filled, then scrape or squeegee to remove excess.
- Let dry 30-45 minutes, then lightly sand with 320 grit paper.
- If grain is not completely filled, repeat the application process.
- 2-3 coats of Grain Filler are recommended.
- Allow overnight dry time and lightly sand before applying top coats.